Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Two Question Tuesday - 4/26/11

Two Question Tuesday - 4/26/11

Here's the deal -  I really liked Mama M.'s Five Question Friday - but that's just too many questions for me.  So I'm going to do my version - and without the linky thingy.

I'll ask two questions and then give you my answers.  If you want to play - you can give me your answers in the comment section.  If you have a blog and would rather answer them there - just leave a link to your blog instead.  I don't know how to do the "Linky" thing like Mama M. yet - and to be honest - I would rather sew than find out - so I'll do it this way until I figure it out - if you don't mind.  (Computers and I get along sometimes and then they do something stupid like give me "server reject" errors when I try to "insert image".  Drove me nuts on my Design Wall Monday post yesterday.  So no more photos until I figure out what is going on.)


Two questions for you this Tuesday -

1.  Have you ever had a tooth pulled?

2.  Have you ever had your house professionally cleaned?

==========

1.  Have you ever had a tooth pulled?

YES -
I was just sitting there enjoying some wonderful peanut brittle - all sweet and peanut-ty - and thought I broke a tooth on Tuesday.  Realized I really did break a tooth on Wednesday.  Called the dentist on Thursday and asked if they could see me soon.  They said I could come now.  So I did.  Sure enough - broke it - under the crown that was attached to another crown - supposed to be stronger that way.  Nope.  Just means if you mess up one tooth - you mess up two teeth.  And the only thing worse than having a tooth pulled is having two teeth pulled.  Still sore but not too bad.  Go back in a week for a follow-up and then more time off for healing and then back for a "partial".  That there was some pretty expensive peanut brittle.

2.  Have you ever had your house professionally cleaned?

YES - Spring Cleaning!!
I think Mama M. asked one time what your idea of Spring Cleaning was.  And I think my answer was along the lines of "SPRING-ing" for someone else to do it for me!  Easter was coming and with it - Spring.  Our house really needed a Spring Cleaning!  A loooooooong time ago we had a cleaning service come every two weeks - it was too often and became way too expensive - so we canceled.  Then a couple of weeks ago - one of the girls (our favorite) came by the house - do you remember me kinda thing - we talked - she knew we had canceled - it's been a long time - she has her own cleaning service and her own crew now - would we like her to clean our house - we said yes.  We never had a problem with how well they cleaned - just that they (not her - the other girls they sent) were always late - and it was expensive.  We scheduled it for the Saturday before Easter (and before I broke my tooth).  It took them a while but they deep cleaned my WHOLE house from top to bottom.  Not cheap - but totally worth it!!  I asked her where she learned to clean so well (like I wish I could) - she said she didn't know - she just knew what was clean and what was NOT clean.  Good answer!  Good answer!

So - if you have never had your house professionally cleaned by a really good crew - treat yourself - just once!  It was better than peanut brittle!

==========

OK - your turn.

Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

3 comments:

Judee said...

OK, I will play. I'd rather answer here as tomorrow I am linking up with the WIP people. Here goes:
1. Yes. A few years ago a back tooth had gone bad. My dentist was kind enough to pull it rather than send me to his friend the oral surgeon. I have been going to this dentist for 20+ years so it was fitting that he do it. And lots cheaper.
2. Yes! One wonderful year some friends were coming to visit in the Spring so we splurged on a cleaning. A man and a woman came. The man did a much better job. It was great and I have wanted to get them back ever since.
That's it!

Rose said...

Yes, I have had a couple of molars pulled. One thing you never want to do after having a tooth pulled is to drink from a straw. It can result in what is called a dry socket and believe me, it hurts!

When I worked, I did occasionally have a lady come in and clean for me. However, I have always enjoyed cleaning and having my home neat and clean, so I never minded doing it myself. I would welcome some help now since once I get down on my hands and knees I have a devil of a time getting back up. The thought of spring cleaning all of my windows and screens makes me very tired.

Toni said...

I think there is a blog out there that does a simple Friday Five and I'm going to start one this week based on sewing/quilting :) I did it years ago and think it's time to restart it!

Interesting questions.....I hate the dentist and even rescheduled my appointment for this week :)

1. Nope, no tooth pulled....I've had root canals, but luckily the tooth base was ok.

2. Yes. I use to pay someone to come and clean my house weekly when I was stationed in Japan. Can't afford it now days, but sure wish I could. Gives me more time to sew :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...