Sunday, June 26, 2011

QJ - SERENITY

QUILT JOURNAL
SERENITY

Machine Pieced
Machine Quilted by M
75" x 75"
Started - May 17, 2009
Top Completed – February 16, 2010
To M for Quilting - March 19, 2010

Pattern – Butter Charm & Jelly
Legacy Patterns

Quilt Pattern – Deb’s Feathers

This quilt was made using “Serenity” charm packs from Keepsake Quilting ™ and a “Serenity Scrap Bag” of 16 quarter yard cuts.

I absolutely loved the colors – Taupes – Tans – Browns – Neutrals – very “Serene”.


The top seemed to go together rather quickly.  The charms made four-patches and the quarter yard cuts made the extra strips surrounding the blocks.  The darker brown used for the inner border seemed to “contain” the variety of fabrics – and the outer border was fabric left over from an Anniversary Quilt that I had made a few years ago for my sister-in-law and her husband – I love that fabric!



The back just didn’t want to cooperate.  It kept coming up short by about an inch.  I used the extra strip sets and ”scrappy patched” it.  I love the way it finally worked out – but it was a royal pain.  I had two one-way prints that I wanted to use up – the rust with wheat thingys on it and the brown with the little white doves.  I did manage to use up most of those two fabrics – only a little left for the scrap bins.  Yay!!


2 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt and I love the subtle colors. I just won Quilt Album and it will be fun to go through my quilts and keep a history of them.

Katie M. said...

Very pretty quilt! Your quilter did a spectacular job, too. And keeping a quilt journal - something maybe I should consider doing.... I do take pictures - does that count :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...