Friday, November 18, 2011

Private Blogs

Private Blogs


Yesterday I did a post on how I got "Permission Denied..."

When I attempted to check on a referral blog site -

Katie M. left an interesting comment -

Interesting.... I wonder if the blogger is aware of her settings? I have to admit here, I don't think I even knew I could make my blog 'private'...... Learn something new everyday.

My reply was -

She probably doesn't - and I can't tell her - because I don't know who she is. But - I could do a sort of - "Did you know?" - post like everyone did when they kept getting "no-reply" commenters - huh? Good idea - I think I will. ;))

So I am -

Right now -

=====

Dear Whoever - You - Are -

Did you know that your blog is private?

If you do - and you did it on purpose - that's fine with me -

But if you think you aren't -

You are.

If you (or any other blogger out there) want(s) to check/change your settings -

Go to your Dashboard -

Then to Settings -

Then to Permissions -

The second section says -

Blog Readers - Your Blog can have up to 100 readers.

Who can view this blog?
Anybody -
Only People I Choose -
Only Blog Authors -

Your blog is open to all readers by default.

You can restrict your blog to only readers you choose.
However, these readers will need to log in before reading your blog, adding an extra step.


And - 


Just so you know -

When you restrict your blog -

And then refer your readers to other blogs -

We other blogs can't reciprocate. ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...