Tuesday, December 20, 2011

UFOs - 2012

I just updated my list of UFOs for 2012 -

And - rather than try to list them ALL here -

And then try to find this post every time I want to update the list -

I made another tab at the top of this post -

And called it - Ta Dah!! - "UFOs - 2012" - original, huh? ;))

I have quite a few - as you can see - around 70 give or take -

So trying to choose only 12 to work on this coming year -

Is just NOT going to happen - ;))

I like to work on my UFOs and/or start new projects as they strike my fancy -

And - as far as last year is concerned -

I didn’t really finish much in 2011 - just a few left-overs from 2010 -
(See the tabs - UFOs - 2011 and Quilt Journal) -

I spent most of my time moving stuff from one “Stage of Completion” to another -

BUT - that’s fine with me -

I made some progress - mostly on THIS ONE - 


AND - unlike most people -

I don’t mind my UFOs at all -

In fact - I actually LIKE my UFOs -

The really old ones remind me of other times - people - and places.

A lot of memories are tied to my UFOs -

And some are like old friends -

So what’s not to like?

Besides -

I’m a “Slow Poke Quilter” - and I have the badge to prove it - ;))
Gotta keep my membership card ACTIVE!!

And - as I like to say -

My UFO’s give me something to do -

And they keep me out of bars at night - ;))


Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

2 comments:

Katie said...

Progress is the key! I've sort of stolen your idea for UFOs this coming year and made my list of 12, but have decided that progress forward is enough. Finishing is a bonus. I don't mind my UFOs all that much either, but there's not so many as to be overwhelming. I can't wait to see what you and everyone else pulls off next year - this year has been a lot of fun.

Katie M. said...

UFO's? I can honestly say I don't have any. What I do have are those "projects I want to do someday". Or the books I simply HAD to have because I just knew I was going to make that 'special' quilt. What I'm totally embarrassed to admit to is that I have a stack of 11 quilts waiting to be quilted and none of them are mine. They are all charity quilts and the lady who sent them knows that I was not even going to look at them until after Christmas - guess I won't have to worry about what I'm going to do next, huh?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...