Monday, May 7, 2012

JRRQ #3 - Back

DESIGN WALL MONDAY -
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. at Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))

============

Note - these instructions are written in LEFTISH.
If you are right-handed - just reverse the directions.
============

Three sets of spacer strips -


I made these backs -
In the wrong order -
But only I know that - ;))

JRRQ #3 - with back -
Side by side -


This is the top that came out shorter than the others -
All pressed and still 2" shorter than the other two -
And I THOUGHT that I had figured out WHY -

I needed a third jelly roll -
But didn't have one -
So I substituted a FQ pack -
The strips from that FQ were only half as long -

And I THOUGHT -
That all of the extra seams just made the "starter strip" short -
And there is no way that it will come out the same size -
If the "starter strip" is short - right?

But wouldn't that affect the WIDTH -
And NOT the LENGTH? -

Who knows? -

I still have 32 strip rows in ALL THREE tops -
But two of them came out to 64" long - correctly -
And the third one came out to 62" long? - 2" SHORT -

Gotta be my cutting -
Or my seam allowance - AGAIN -

But -

It doesn't really matter -

It's just as cute -

It's just shorter than the others -

And -

I guarantee you no one would notice -

But -

I'm going to add another 2" -

To the bottom of this one anyway -

And then wait to see if anyone notices -

The EXTRA strip - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -





1 comment:

Katie M. said...

Either could be front or back - now you have reversable

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...