Monday, November 5, 2012

Design Wall Monday - 11/5/12

DESIGN WALL MONDAY - 11/5/12
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. at Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===



Another 6” sampler block -

That you can make using -

2-1/2” squares -

And anything else -

That finishes at 2” -

Three across and three down -

Variations of the basic NINE-PATCH -

The sewn block will MEASURE 6-1/2” -

And FINISH at 6” -

===

After I finished Block #61 and #62 -


I spent some time the other day -

Cutting and kitting up some more blocks -

See - all stacked and ready to sew - ;))


Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



6 comments:

Linda C said...

They looks so different on point but really pretty.

Hooray for cutting and kitting. I should be doing the same thing but I am determined to get this donation quilt binding done first. Day 3 of binding and ugh!

Kathaleeny said...

Have you ever put them all up at one time? I love red and white. They must be gorgeous. I like looking at the detail too.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Linda! I like how they look "on point", too. And I like cutting up block pieces so that I have them ready to sew. I have been doing that for years - long before it became known as "kitting" them up. I used to just call it "cutting up some block pieces so that I had them ready to sew" - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Kathaleeny - and yes, I have put them all up at one time. Check these out -

9/17/12 - http://alefthandedquilter.blogspot.com/2012/09/design-wall-monday-91712.html

10/20/12 - http://alefthandedquilter.blogspot.com/2012/10/lhqsq-blocks-need-more.html

I think they look awesome - if I do say so myself - ;))

Kathaleeny said...

I'm a complete and utter stranger. They are princessy awesome. So there is a unbiased opinion.

are they fiddly? They look so small. Are they Nearly Insane patterns

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thank you!! I like "unbiased" opinions - especially ones that say that my stuff is awesome - ;))

I don't know if they are in the "Nearly Insane" pattern or not. They are all "public domain" blocks from EQ7 - and finish at 6". The blocks that I chose are just your basic 9-patch - 3 across/3 down - with each "patch" finishing at 2" - for a 6" block.

I have a tab/page at the top of my blog called "LHQSQ - LHQ Sampler Quilt" - it lists all of my posts/blocks from the very beginning. I just started simple - and kept adding "elements" as I went along. They are getting more "fiddly" as they get more complicated. I plan to make 99 - so only have about 30 or so more to go - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...