Friday, February 8, 2013

Progress Report - 2/8/13


I’m still working on my version of “Easy Street” -
Bonnie Hunter’s Easy Street Mystery Quilt - HERE -

I call mine "Easy Street Detour" - ;))

============
Note - these instructions are written in LEFTISH.
If you are right-handed - just reverse the directions.
============

After I finished my Block Bs -


I spent some time sorting out -
Shaded 4-Patch Combos -


I need 16 sets of 4 for the Block As -


I already had the Stacked Geese Combos -
Matched up with Center Squares -
16 sets of 4 + 1 -


Stitch up a set of Shaded 4-Patch Combos -
For the first Block A -


Add a set of Stacked Geese Combos with a Center Square -


Lay them out as a 9-Patch -


And NO -
I did NOT notice that the block -
In the lower left corner -
Was turned the wrong way -
Until AFTER I had sewn it together - ;))


So after I fixed it -


I put it up on the design wall -
With some Block Bs -


I think I like it - ;))




Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

  1. It took me a second to see what you meant about the sewing error. LOL, sooooo much going on with this quilt. I am liking it and think you made the right choice about tamping down what would have been a lot of raspberry. Not that my opinion matters all that much on YOUR quilt.

    Good that you have found some time to sew amongst the paper pushing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - it would have been a bit "much" the other way. The raspberry would have been where you see the chocolate - and vice versa - except for the geese - they were done in chocolate before I "detoured" - ;))

      Delete

I love reading your comments -
they let me know that I'm not just talking to myself - ;))

FYI - I have always restricted comments to “Registered User” - and I have always moderated my comments - and I will continue to do so. I like to read your comments before I publish them - and I DO publish ALL of them - whether you agree with me or not. The only ones that I DO NOT publish are the “buy-me” and "spam" crap.

So - if you want to leave a comment but don’t like your word verification choice - hit the little arrow thingy to the right of the box until you find one that you DO like. I can’t always read them either but word verification is there for a reason and I refuse to be bullied into taking it off - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...