Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday Squirrels - 4/28/13


Told you on Friday that I saw some new “Squirrels” -

BIG ones - ;))

And these BIG guys have been calling my name - ;))

Squirrel #1 - A 9-Patch Experiment -



Squirrel #2 - A book -
Quilts to Warm Today’s Home -
By Nancy Rink -
(c) 2012 - Leisure Arts, Inc.


THIS Squirrel has the border -

That I want for my Floral Applique -

I had the idea a long time ago -

But she has the “How-To” - YAY!!

Gotta dig that one out again -

And change out the corners -

BOB doesn’t DO mitered corners - ;))


Squirrel #3 - Another book
Sliver Quits -
By Lisa O’Neill -
(c) 2012 - C&T Publishing, Inc. -


THIS Squirrel is ingenious! -

Gotta make one of these - ;))


Squirrel #4 - These guys -


Can you tell what these are?

Yeah - they’re new dies -
But which ones?
Who knows?

Some marketing genius decided -
That I didn’t need to see NAME of the die -
Or a picture of it -
On the packaging -

Unlike this one -
This package tells me -
EXACTLY what it is -
Half-square - 2” finished triangles
Cuts 12 shapes -
Use with a 10” x 10” cutting mat -


Silly me to expect the same information -
On these new ones -

He -
BOB knows that it wasn’t a SHE - ;))
Probably figured -
That I could tell which ones they are -
By simply reading the labels -

OK -

If I can FIND the labels - ;))

Oh - here they are! -

One is on the side -
One is on the end -
That’s consistent, huh? -


How convenient! -

Yeah, RIGHT!! - ;))

Anyway -

I’ll put my own label on the dang things -
Thankyouverymuch -

And I’ll show you them later -
When I actually USE them - ;))

But right now it’s time for some -

Eenie - meenie - miney - moe - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

4 comments:

Katie M. said...

why does BOB not do mitered corners? Just curious....

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

BOB has a hard enough time wrestling with a large top and a long border without having to fold the dang thing diagonally and then trying to sew up to a point 1/4" away from the corner - so no thanks - BOB will do horizontal borders - and maybe add a corner square - if she wants to make it fancy - ;))

Julie Fukuda said...

I like all my labels to show when things are put away ... something like library books, sorted by category with labels visible. Who wants to dig through a whole pile? Not me!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Like minds think alike, Julie - I store my dies in a plastic tub - on their sides - with the label showing - like library books - ;)) But sometimes I have more than one die of the same size out on my cutting table - and a picture of the die or the name printed on the package would be more helpful in identifying which one is which than a tiny label on the side - so I'll just have to make my own - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...