Tuesday, September 10, 2013

BOB's Tuesday Toast - 9/10/13

Here’s to the makers of sewing machine extension tables -

May they someday figure out how to apply a Teflon (R) coating to their tables -
So that quilters are able to Free-Motion Quilt more easily -

And may they also reward me VERY generously for having the idea to do so - ;))

===

I don’t know about you -

But I have a difficult time -

Keeping the Supreme Slider(TM) -

STUCK to my sewing machine - ;))

I have tried taping it down -

But whatever I’m sewing -

Seems to somehow catch the corner -

And then it gets UNSTUCK -

And then it gets SEWN -

To the back of whatever I’m sewing - ;))


I think that it would help ENORMOUSLY -

If the makers of the extension tables -

Would just put a coat of TEFLON -

On the table in the first place -

Then I wouldn’t have to mess with it -

AT ALL - ;))



But then again - it’s probably just me - ;))



8 comments:

  1. just a tip that helps - If you have some of that "sewer's aid", put a couple drops on your extension table and machine bed, smear around, let set a minute than buff a little. If you by chance have a silicon spray - that works well too. I used this for free motion quilting before I got the long arm and it sure helped....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie - I don't have either of those - but I do have a couple of ideas that I'm going to share later this week - ;))

      Delete
  2. HAHA Awww yes! The memories. Bet that has happened to every one of us at one time or another if we have one of those. A good dose of spray Pledge works wonders on the bed when I get disgusted with my slider. I'll remove it and give it a good bath and while it's drying (sticky side up) I'll polish the bed of the machine and keep on quilting.
    I'm hoping the 'machine bed makers' are reading your blog. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda - it would be nice if they did read my little blog - and even better if they fixed the problem - ;))

      Delete
  3. I have to admit, that even when sewing by hand, I have managed to get unwanted items stitched to the back side. The problem may be a teflon brain where information just slides right out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - if only I could get the teflon out of my brain and onto the table - ;))

      Delete
  4. I don't free motion but I can still how your idea has merit. And lets make a machine with all kind of room to get a quilt in there while they are at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that they make machines with room to get a quilt in there - but the price tags are horrendous! - ;))

      Delete

I love reading your comments -
they let me know that I'm not just talking to myself - ;))

FYI - I have always restricted comments to “Registered User” - and I have always moderated my comments - and I will continue to do so. I like to read your comments before I publish them - and I DO publish ALL of them - whether you agree with me or not. The only ones that I DO NOT publish are the “buy-me” and "spam" crap.

So - if you want to leave a comment but don’t like your word verification choice - hit the little arrow thingy to the right of the box until you find one that you DO like. I can’t always read them either but word verification is there for a reason and I refuse to be bullied into taking it off - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...