Friday, January 15, 2016

Shifting gears -


I think I may shift gears for a bit - ;))

I've been trying to decide whether or not I want to mess with the bias edges -
On a Disappearing Pinwheel block -
Churn Dash Pinwheel -
Missouri Star Quilt Co -
Disappearing Pinwheel Part 2 - The Churn Dash Pinwheel -
HERE - ;))

And I was reading some of my regular blogs -

When I read about Gene and his "little gray squirrel" - HERE - ;))

That reminded me of this pile "to be quilted" from years ago - ;))


And I realized that -

From this pile -

I have quilted exactly TWO pieces - YIKES!! -

Cottage Wall Hanging -


And the Halloween one - ;))


So that pile became this one - ;))


And I still have the blue - Do You See What I See? -


Christmas Embroidered Blocks - Table Runner -


Christmas Embroidered Table Topper - 3 x 3 -


Folk Art Christmas Tree -


Christmas Sudoku -


January - Snowman Sudoku -


February - Valentine's Day Sudoku -


March - St. Patrick's Day Sudoku -


April - Easter Sudoku -


May - May Flowers Sudoku -


June - June Wedding Sudoku -


July - Americana Sudoku -


October - Halloween Sudoku -


November Sudoku -


And more recently -

Turkey Day -


Churn Dash -
Unless I "unsew"' it -
because the blue is really crappy fabric -


9-Patch Pizzazz -


Quarter Log Cabin -


Christmas Table Runner - 2 x 3 -


Christmas Blocks - 6 x 6 -


And that's not counting some oldies but goodies -

Hanging in the closet -


Which includes my LHQ Sampler Quilt -


I have been saying for years -

That I want/need to practice my Free-Motion Quilting - ;))

Maybe this is the year to do it - ;))

Who knows -

I may even ENJOY it - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -




4 comments:

Gene Black said...

I say go for it. Practice your free motion quilting. Sometimes taking an online class is the ticket to learning it. At least that is what worked for me.

Katie M. said...

okay, I don't feel so bad now about the 'waiting for finish' projects.... Thanks for making me feel better :-)

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Gene - you just reminded me that I DID sign up for a Craftsy class on Free-Motion Quilting - and I watched part of it - a long time ago. I need to watch it again - all the way through this time. I certainly have enough "practice" pieces that I can use to learn the techniques - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You're welcome - that's what friends are for - LOL! I have to be careful, though, that I maintain my status as "QUEEN of UFORIA - Where UFOs Reside In Abundance" - don't want to have to get rid of that little red button on my sidebar - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...