Monday, April 24, 2017

Design Wall Monday - 4/24/17


DESIGN WALL MONDAY -
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. -
At Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===


On my wall today -

Eight Flying Geese Units - four (4) "light" and four (4) "dark" -
Eight (8) light/dark HST -
And One (1) Hourglass Block -

All cut from two pre-cut 2-1/2" strips -

Using my LEFT-EZE™ Rule - ;))



With the Hourglass Block in the center -

I put a "light" Flying Geese unit on each side -
And a HST in each corner - with the "dark" facing "out" -


Then I turned the "dark" HST in each corner to face "in" instead of "out" -


Then I left the "dark" HST alone -
And switched out the "light" Flying Geese for "dark" ones -


Then I turned the "dark" HST in each corner to face "'out" instead of "in" -


Those four (4) variations will make blocks that will finish at 8" - ;))

They may all have "names" but I haven't checked them against the blocks that are available in EQ7 yet - I was just playing with laying them out and moving them around like little puzzle pieces - ;))

Next I want to play with a 12" block version -

I can think of several ways to configure the block -

May even make a pattern -

To go with the ruler -

And try to get it published -

See how that works out - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



1 comment:

Gene Black said...

I really like the second version that makes a plus sign on point.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...