Saturday, June 17, 2017

Being lazy -


Is usually not my style -

But there are times when I think I can get away with it -

Like last year when I did a post about a Lazy way to do labels -

Using the alphabet font on my sewing machine to print out my name and the year on the quilt instead of attaching a "proper" label - ;))

And then the day comes when I hear my Dad - from when I was a kid - telling me -
You know that's not the way to do it! - You're being lazy! -
If you're going to do something - do it the RIGHT way! - ;))
SOOOOOOO -

I was getting all set up to make the corner squares (for hanging) and cut the binding for my July Americana Sudoku Quilt -



When I heard the "lazy" speech in my head -

And realized that I had not "properly" labeled this pile -


I had stitched my name and the year - but none of these quilts had "Names" - and I'm the only one who knows which one is which - unless you read my blog - and even then you would have to read several years worth because I am such a S-L-O-W quilter - and I jump back and forth between projects a LOT - ;))

So I made some "sew-in" fabric labels using my computer and an address label template - and then dug out some scraps - starting with the Christmas Sudoku Quilt and the January Sudoku Quilt -


Just in time for Father's Day tomorrow - ;))

And I think it's true -

Father Knows Best - ;))

Happy Father's Day!! - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Gene Black said...

I don't generally "name" the quilt on the label. My name, year and possible who it was made for is what is generally on my label.

Frog Quilter said...

Love the memory. So true. I have a few of those too.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Gene - I usually "name" my quilts/projects as I'm working on them - mostly as a point of reference when I mention it on my blog. My older labels include the "name of the quilt" - the pattern and/or designer (if I got the pattern from a book or pattern) - a reference to the recipient (if I made it especially for someone) - my name and the year I made it - along with the name of the lady who did the long-arm quilting for me.

To keep it simple - this batch has the "name of the quilt" - my name and the year I "pieced" it and the year I "quilted" it - since I no longer send them out to be quilted. All of the other details are on my blog if anyone wants to do a "search" for any particular quilt/project - my blog has waaaaay more information than will fit on a label - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...