Friday, September 22, 2017

Finally done - AGAIN -


Today I finished binding my Halloween Churn Dash - AGAIN -

And no - this is NOT the same "glamour shot" that I posted the first time I put the binding on -



This time it is DONE!! - ;))

It even has the hanging triangles and label sewn on - ))


The binding came out much better this time - it always helps when I cut it at the correct width so the points don't get chopped off -


The corners even cooperated this time around -


The label was attached a bit off-center because I wanted to use orange thread and had to make sure that the area on the front was "orange" so it wouldn't show that much -


So I shifted it a bit so that it would be on the back of this block -


And it doesn't show that much unless you look REALLY closely. If it were going to be entered in any sort of competition, I would attach the label by hand and make sure that the stitching didn't show on the front - but for a "utility" quilt - I'm more interested in the label staying attached through several washings - so I sew it by machine to the back through all of the layers - ;))


In other news - I received some "squishy mail" today -

Rhonda at Ravelly1 is asking us to help her celebrate her approaching her 1600th(!!) post by leaving comments on the posts leading up to the big day - and telling her what our favorite color is -

Well, my favorite color changes almost daily but one day I left a comment that it was RED - and I won - HERE -

And she sent me this! -


THANK YOU, Rhonda!! - ;))




Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Getting a chunk of fabric just by saying what color you like ... now that is something to celebrate.
I like that new binding. Hopefully the un-sewing memory will jog your mind so you can get it right the first time. Well, that works for me ... and un-sewing hand work takes a lit less time.

Gene Black said...

Congrats on a HAPPY finish and also on the win from Rhonda.

Kathaleeny said...

Nice quilt. I've never seen hanging triangles.

misstrixella said...

great quilt! I love the back and the hanging triangles!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...