Monday, November 20, 2017

More Squishy Mail - and a Finish -


First the Squishy Mail -

I received my order of three more notebook covers from Gene Black - and I was sure glad that I had placed my order before he had a chance to sell them at the Holiday Faire this past weekend -


They really are nicely done -

THANKS, Gene!! - ;))




And I finished the Autumn Table Runner for a friend - she wanted it long so it would hang off the ends of her six foot table by at least 6 inches on each end. She wanted it long - she got it long - it came out to 13-1/2" by 86" - ;))


I used the backing batik fabric for both the side borders and the binding -


After I reversed the color gradation - and added strips to each end until I ran out of room - ))


I like to sew the binding to the back first - and I "cheat" when it comes to joining the ends. I leave a "tail" at the beginning - and when I get to the "end" - I fold the beginning "tail" on the diagonal -


Lay the "end" on top of it - and cut the "end" on the diagonal several inches past the point where they "join" - then stitch it all down through all of the layers -


Fold it over to check the "join" - looks good to me -


Trim off the extra bit of binding -


Press the binding from the back - away from the center part -

Flip the runner so the front is on top -

Fold the binding raw edge to the middle -


Fold it all over to the front - pin it down - and you can barely see the "join" - then topstitch it down from the front - easy peasy - ;))


Between the Lavender Lovely baby quilt - the Rooster Potholders - and the Autumn Table Runner - I have some cleaning up and organizing to do -

That may sound like a bunch of chores - but they're FUN chores - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Gene Black said...

Thanks, I am glad that you are happy with the notebooks. I am pretty sure the blue and green one would have sold because one of the purchasers bought the only other one with that large a piece of woven fabric on it. I know her and suspect the addition of the sunprinted fabrics would have really caught her attention.

Your binding cheat looks interesting. I will have to do a sample binding and try doing that.

Julie Fukuda said...

What a neat runner. I love the fabrics you chose ... and that is the way I do my bias too. (except by hand).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...