Monday, December 2, 2013

Design Wall monday - 12/2/13

DESIGN WALL MONDAY - 12/2/13
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. at Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===


My design wall this week -

Is the same as last week -

The Top Right Corner section -

Of my LHQSQ - Left-Handed Quilter Sampler Quilt -

Waiting its turn to be added to the Center Section - ;))


Because -

The other day I wanted to take a little break -

From my LHQSQ - Left-Handed Quilter Sampler Quilt -

And I wanted to play with something else for a bit - ;))

I am one of those with good intentions -

Who says that I want to do such - and - so -

And then never get around to it - ;))

When I saw A Round Tuit button on Mtn Mama’s blog -
Pots, Pans, Pins and Prayers - HERE -

I clicked on it and found Jill Sheperd’s blog -
Creating my way to success - HERE -

Jill hosts the button and has a tutorial for a mug rug - HERE - ;))

I smiled and remembered -

That I already HAD one -

That I had forgotten about -

A Round Tuit - that is - ;))

A few months before my dear friend R died several years ago, she sent me a packet of photos and other memories. She included this Round Tuit from many, many years ago. She had given me my first Round Tuit over forty years ago - and I had misplaced it - so I was thrilled to get a replacement - ;))



It reads -


A Round Tuit
This is a round tuit.
Guard it with your life;
Tuits are hard to come by
Especially the round ones. It will
help you to become a much more
efficient worker; For years you’ve
heard people say, “I’ll do this when
I get around tuit.” So now that
you have one, you can
accomplish all those
things you put aside
until you got a
round tuit.

So I have no excuse - I could have accomplished all of those things that I put aside until I got A Round Tuit - because I already had one - ;))

Then I decided to make another version - ;))

Maybe a Mug Rug will remind me

To do things -

And not to put them aside - ;))

I found a font that I liked -

And traced off some letters -
Onto some fusible web -
Cut them out and pressed them -
To some purple fabric -


Cut out some circles -
They have to be ROUND - right? - ;))


Layered them right sides together -
And sewed completely around them -


Cut a slit in the front -
Where the first “T” would go -
Turned it inside out -
And appliqued the letters on top -
Hiding the slit - ;))


It came out a little small -

So I made a couple of larger ones - ;))

I made another mug rug -


And one to fit in a little hoop to hang on my wall - ;))


This one reminded me of my LHQ button -

So now I want to make my own round Tuit button -

For my blog -

I think everyone needs one - ;))

And then my brain started spinning -

With all of the possibilities -

I could fill a bowl with ROUND slips of paper -
With things “To Do” written on them -
And choose one at random -

I could fill a jar with different colored ROUND buttons or marbles -
Each color for a different kind of task - Sew - Quilt - Bind - Sleeve - etc.-
And choose one at random -

Or a bowl of M&M’s - same as buttons -
Only they taste better - ;))

I could set up a dartboard with names of projects on the spokes -

I could use a Bingo Spinner to choose projects -
Just need to make a list to correspond to the Spinner - ;))


Anything round -

Or circular -

Could be a Round Tuit - ;))

Oh, the possibilities are endless!! - ;))

I may even rename my UFOs -

And start calling them TUIT PROJECTS - ;))

And I think that a Tuit Mug Rug -

Would make a GREAT Christmas gift -

Don’t you? ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Katie M. said...

all are good ideas! I have a 'round tuit' that someone gave me years ago and it is in my sewing desk drawer.. Thinking a mug rug with that verse on it might be a good thing for any creative person...

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

And for any "busy" person - and everyone else on your Christmas list - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...