Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Playing with some Squirrels -


Yesterday I decided to play with some SQUIRRELS -

As a reward for making such good progress -
On my EASY STREET DETOUR -
My version of Easy Street - HERE - ;))

Of all of the box tops filled with goodies -


I chose the one with QST - HST - 4-Patches - squares and triangles - ;))


The Christmasey HST will be added to my Christmas stuff -
But these HST got cut in half -


And re-matched -


And sewn into QST - ;))


These looked like leftover “Disappearing 9-Patch” pieces -
And - since I had eight of them -
I could have made a couple of 4-patches -


But I decided to cut them down the middle of the "fat" side -


Switched up the pairs -
Turned the left one up-side down -


And resewed them back together -
To get some of these - ;))


Then I found the pretty Turquoise strip segments -


I could make 4-patches -


Or a staggered - bargello kinda thingy -


But I decided to just cut them all down the middle -
For a bunch of crumb strips -
I LOVE the motion in that top fabric - ;))


Next came the HST -


The blue and tan ones made pretty QST -


And the rest made pretty QST as well -


Except for that bottom one -
It didn’t have a mate -
So I just added the halves to the stack of triangles - ;))


The four pink and black QST -
Reminded me of my Ladies - HERE -

So they might find themselves in the backing -
When I ever get around to making that - haha - ;))
(Note to self - make the backs to the tops that you already made - ;))


I didn’t do anything with the squares or triangles in the box top -
Just added my bits -
And called it a day - ;))


The BEST part of this PLAYtime -

Was that it was PLAY -

NO PLAN -

No CERTAIN SIZE to make -

NO IDEA what I’m going to do with them -

But that’s OK -

Not EVERYTHING in life is planned -

So I have kinda learned to -

Sometimes just GO with it -

And try to endure enjoy the ride - ;))

Today I will probably get back to Easy Street Detour -

A girl needs SOME planned bits - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



8 comments:

Gene Black said...

What a fun play time.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oh, Gene - it was SO much fun!! - ;))

Katie M. said...

Sometimes it's nice just to see what's in the scrap bin and what you can do with it...

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

And it's fun to go through someone else's scraps and find little treasures and goodies - ;)) By the way - two of the yardage pieces you sent me found their way into my Easy Street Detour border/sides/corners - THANKS - the colors were PERFECT!! - ;))

Julie Fukuda said...

Almost makes me want to get a machine. Fun day!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

VERY fun day! - and MUCH more fun than the "ducks" that I played with yesterday and today. I'm hoping to get back to more FUN tomorrow - ;))

Linda C said...

I like what you did with the D9P leftovers. Such a popular quilt but not all of them turn out well, IMHO. Some do. I know there is a one tutorial out there that all I see if big blobs of green fabric marching across the top. ugh

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks - I'm not a fan of big blobs of color marching across a quilt either and it was an easy way to make it look like I did a lot of work sewing little pieces - haha - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...