Saturday, October 18, 2014

QJ - Harmonic Convergence (#2)


QUILT JOURNAL - HARMONIC CONVERGENCE (#2)

Machine Pieced
Machine Quilted
Lap Size - 45" x 60"
Started - December 1, 2007
Completed - December 22, 2007

Made for "my favorite sister-in-law"

Pattern - Harmonic Convergence
Ricky Tims' Convergence Quilts (c) 2003

With Border Layout - from Pg 36 -
Blue-Green Convergence -
By Lynn Koolish - Berkeley, CA
36” x 36”, 2001



I wanted to make a quilt for my sister-in-law similar to the one that I had made for my sister - ;))

I only needed 4 fabrics so I found a light and dark yellow/gold batik and a light and dark purple/green colored batik. I also got a dark green batik for the tiny inner border. Hopefully it would go with her family room or office furnishings - ;))

I used a "soft curves" technique by Alex Anderson for quilting the center portion and quilted a grid in the border - ;))

I challenged myself to complete it before Christmas - and I did - barely. I finished the binding and sewing on the label on Saturday, December 22, 2007. We left on Sunday, December 23, 2007 to spend Christmas with her and her family - ;))



QJ - 2007

P.S. - The label says "my favorite sister-in-law" - the joke is that she's my "only" sister-in-law - ;))



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...