Monday, March 3, 2014

Design Wall Monday - 3/3/14

DESIGN WALL MONDAY -
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. -
At Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===


So last week I said that I had to find a certain pattern -

That I remembered seeing in one of my magazines - ;))

But first - I found some yummy purples in my stash -


Then I found the pattern in the July/August 2013 issue -
Of McCall’s Quilting - HERE -

Miss Kyra: Bright Floral Dresden Plate
Applique Wall Quilt Pattern
Designed by Erin Russek
Machine Quilted by Karen Dovala

So -

A combination of that and this -


Is what I have in my head - ;))

What do you think? - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



6 comments:

Katie M. said...

Are your purples going to be the background for your dresdens? I like a break from the 'usual' and I think purple would be a good background...

Linda C said...

I think it is going to look pretty cool! I wish i could find something that excited me about sewing at the moment. Maybe looking at a few blogs and pinterest will get me revved up. I did decide that maybe some knitting could pass some of the evening hours a bit and I could work on a baby blanket. yarn is on its way.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Yes, Katie - I was thinking that I would change it up a bit and use a variety of purples for the backgrounds. The Dresden Plates are very light with a "tie-dye" style of pastel blotches in peach - yellow - green - blue - purple - gray - so I thought that a darker background might work and I seem to have a BUNCH of purples - haha - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Linda - I haven't done much "actual" sewing lately - but thinking about one (or two) projects and pulling some fabrics and then fiddling in EQ7 is a good diversion from dealing with everyday "ducks" - at least for me - and now that you mention it - I have an afghan that I could dig out and work on, too - ;))

Linda said...

Oh yeah. Love those purples. And Erin Russek is one of my favorite designers. I love her stuff. Are you going to applique' along with the dresdens?

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Linda - the purples are pretty, aren't they? I was going to "raw-edge applique" the dresden plates and the centers - then "fusible applique" Erin's flowers and leaves. If I had made "blade" type plates, the edges would have been turned-under - but I am not going to spend the time it takes to turn under all of the rounded edges - life is too short - haha - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...