Thursday, June 22, 2017

All nice and labeled -

The way they should have been done in the first place - ;))

I found some white fabric that had some ugly red streaks on it from something that had obviously "run" a while back - and thought it could still be useful as the "facing" for my labels -

So - my usual method is to use some "sew-in" fabric sheets and work up a sheet of labels using my computer and an address label template - then print off the labels - cut them apart - and "frame" each one with some fabric -

Then place them face-down on the facing fabric - and stitch all the way around using a 1/4" seam -

Then slit the facing and turn the whole thing inside out - and give it a good press -
That way there are no edges to "turn under" - everything is all nice and neat -

Then I decide where I want to put it and try to use the same thread that I used to quilt the quilt in the first place - the theory being that the stitching will look like some "more" quilting - ;))

I stitch around the white part of the label using a straight stitch - then around the outside edge (perimeter) using a blanket stitch - and it's virtually invisible from the front of the quilt -

Unless you look really closely - ;))

And bonus -

With the double stitching -

Once around the inside of the "frame" -

And again around the outside of the label itself -

That label isn't going anywhere - ;))

Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

1 comment:

Gene Black said...

I always try to put my label on so that it isn't sewn through the front. Maybe that "pickiness" is why I don't label many quilts.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...