Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Bound -


Took me a bit longer than expected - but both the Christmas embroidered block table runner (3x1) and table topper (3x3) are finally bound -

Tah Dah!! - ;))



And a couple of close-ups - ;))





The backing on the table runner is the red - but I barely had enough red left to bind them both - so I backed the table topper with the lighter holly print - ;))


They still need labels but I might be lazy and let SuzieQ do her thing with her cool little alphabet font - haven't decided yet - ;))

I do like the Susie's Magic Binding method that I mentioned in previous posts - little flange detail and sewn TOTALLY by machine - which is a HUGE plus since hand work is getting more difficult for me as time goes by - ;))

Tomorrow I'm going to take "inventory" and see what's what - and see where that takes me - so stay tuned - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



6 comments:

Karen M said...

These look great. I love that binding detail. I have that tutorial saved on my blog. I always intend to do it, but haven't done it yet.

Gene Black said...

I need to remember the Magic Binding trick. I sew mine by machine anyway, but that does add a nice touch.
good job on your finishes.

Katie M. said...

Love that binding! They look really nice.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Karen - you really should try the binding method - I think you'll like it - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Gene - you should try the binding method - it's pretty straight-forward and looks harder than it really is. I think you'll like it - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Katie - and THANKS for the blocks - ;)) You really should try the binding method, too - it's my new favorite way of making binding - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...