Sunday, December 9, 2018

Testing -


A new Free-Motion Quilting foot - a Janome Convertible FMQ foot -

It has a closed toe - and an adjustable height screw on the top - which is why I bought it. I thought that it would be easier to adjust than the elastic hair band that I have been using - so I set myself up to play with it - ;))

My White (brand name) sewing machine has three needle positions -
Left - center - and right -

But I couldn't get the needle centered in the hole -

If I use the "center" needle position - it's too far to the left -


And if I use the "right" needle position - it's too far to the right -


So I went back to my open-toe generic foot - with its elastic hair band -


And tried the new foot on my Husqvarna Lily 555 -

Which has numerous needle positions -

Found the one that would center the needle in the hole -

And tried it out -

So-so stitching on the front -


But definite tension issues on the back - LOL -


After futzing with various tension settings for a while -

I finally gave up -

And re-installed the walking foot -

Re-set all of the settings back to where they were originally -

And played with the blocks on the wall - ;))




Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Gene Black said...

I am so sorry that the foot isn't working for you. That type of foot works wonderfully on my machine. I am sure if the White had more options to position the needle you would be happier with the foot.

helenmaryhubert said...

Free-motion tension: in that photo do you notice how the'bad' tension is always in the same spot, or same direction? Perhaps you need to be more consistent with the speed with which you are moving your work.
Hope that helps. I'm loving the look of the neutral string piecing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...