Monday, June 17, 2013

Design Wall Monday - 6/17/13

DESIGN WALL MONDAY - 6/17/13
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. at Patchwork Times
on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===


OK - I finally decided to tackle -

The top section of the Floral Applique quilt -


First I played with the center block -
And detached/unsewed the top row of HST - ;))

Then to help straighten out the center block -
And to help stabilize it -
I cut a large piece of freezer paper -
The size that I thought the block should be -

And ironed it to the back of the block -

After digging out the pattern to find out -
Where the heck the CENTER of the block was - ;))


SIDE NOTE -
The side blocks lie flatter than they appear in the photo -
And don’t need to be straightened or stabilized -
And the center block is a couple of inches short -
If I were to sew the blocks together with no strips between them - ;))
===

Then I did a bit more unsewing -

And took off the HST -
That had been on each end -
Of the top row on the center block -

And sewed them to the top of the HST strips -
That I had tried BEFORE** -

And put the pieces back up on the wall - ;))


And I LIKE IT!! - ;))

I remember thinking BEFORE** -

That the center block looked crowded -

But it doesn't look crowded TODAY -

So that’s what I’m going to do -

TOMORROW - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

**BEFORE -
Check out the page/tab QJ - Floral Applique for the story.
Part VIII begins the tale of the HST Sashing/Inner Border - ;))



4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Your applique blocks are fantastic. Moving things around and thinking about what you want to do is a great thing. I like what you are doing!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Rhonda - I've been playing with this one for over fifteen years - sewing the blocks - moving things around and thinking about what I want to do next - or rather - waiting for it to tell me what it wants me to do next. I'm glad you like it - ;))

Linda C said...

I love the hst frames around the blocks. Adds some separation to the blocks, breaks up the white space. Looking very good there, LHQ!

I'm working on another purse--decided I could not live with upside down cats on one side and I want an exterior pocket.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Linda - the HST were used to frame the original four blocks (Part II) back in August 1999 - so it seemed natural to continue the theme - then I changed my mind and then changed it back again - haha. Glad you like it - ;))

I saw your purse - and just KNEW that you couldn't/wouldn't live with those upside down cats - so - a shopping trip for more fusible fleece??? - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...