Saturday, February 27, 2016

WAY too much fun -


I gotta tell ya -

I'm having WAY too much fun playing with my blocks - ;))

I signed up for a Craftsy class by Christina Cameli -

Called "Free Motion Quilting Essentials" -

Gene mentions it on his blog - HERE -
He's an "affiliate" - so if you sign up through his blog -
I think he may get compensation of some sort -
And I don't mind promoting my friends - ;))

Gene's working on the "Advanced" class -

Me? - I'm in the "Beginner" class -
(BOB says I'm in "Pre-school" - and she may be right - ;))

Anyway - I got the blocks all made -

Got my machine all set up and the tension adjusted -

And I finished up the first batch of blocks -




Here's a close up of the bottom "loops" in the second block -
My crappy lighting makes it look more lavender than purple -
But it IS the same block - ;))


And don't laugh -

But this is supposed to be a "ribbon candy wiggle" - ;))


And - of course - there was the obligatory -
Get the backing folded over onto itself so you make a mess -
And have to spend some time "un-sewing" it for a "do-over" - ;))


I'm working on spirals here -

And I have those dumb things going every which way - ;))


I have a lot more blocks yet to do -


And I know that I have a LOOOOONG way to go before I get HALF as good as any of you out there -

But - you know what? -

I figure these will be my beginning "baseline" blocks -

The BEFORE blocks -

So that YEARS from now -

I can compare them to some AFTER blocks -

And - hopefully - see some improvement - ;))

In the meantime -

I'm having WAY too much fun playing with my blocks - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -





6 comments:

Gene Black said...

Wow, you are doing just great! Your lazy 8s are better than mine already. Now I think I should go back and that the beginner class!

Katie M. said...

I think you're doing awesome! I couldn't do that on my domestic machine before I got the long arm, and I done free motion on the domestic for at least 3 years. Have fun and I think the blocks look great!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Gene! - I have both of Christina's books - and all three of her classes. I would DEFINITELY recommend this class - for a beginner - or as a refresher for someone who has been doing it for years. She takes you through the "essentials" - slow and easy - and I like her style - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Katie! - Like I told Gene - I would DEFINITELY recommend this class - for ANYONE who wants to learn how to FMQ - or just refresh their skills! Christina walks you through it step-by-step - slow and easy - and I like her style - ;))

Sew Surprising said...

My giddy aunt arent you cracking along brilliantly on the practice blocks, they look great, not something Id even think of trying so I applaud anyone who does :)

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks! - I have tried FMQ before - many times - and failed miserably - but THIS class and THIS teacher is amazing! You should try it - believe me - if I can do it - ANYONE can - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...