Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bitchy Pill + Voice Mail = Mini Bitch Rant

I'm not feeling well today.  I have been fighting a cold/flu thing and the meds I'm taking make me bitchy.  (Yeah, I know - I don't really need a pill to make me bitchy!)  So I decided to take a nap and when I heard the phone ring - I let it go to "voice mail".

I still don't understand why they call it "voice mail".  I get "e-mail" - you're mailing information electronically - that makes sense.  "Voice mail" just doesn't make sense to me.  It's not like you're mailing your voice or anything.  And at my house, if I don't answer the phone - I have a machine that answers it for me - I call it my "answering machine".  (I told you that I took a bitchy pill - or two!)

Anyway - this is the message I got while I was taking my nap -

This message is for (my full name).  We have received an approval for your follow-up.  Please call us at 555-ABCD.  555-ABCD.  Thanks.  Bye-bye.

OK.
(my full name) - Must be official - no one calls me by my full name unless it's official.
We - Who is "We"?  Who are you?
received an approval - Must be medical.
follow-up - Which one?  I wish I had only one doctor.
us - Who is "us"?  I repeat - Who are you?
555-ABCD - Oh, goody - I get to check the numbers of all of my doctors to see who you are.
Bye-bye - What are you - three?

I know with all the HIPAA rules they can't say they are a doctor's office calling - just in case the wrong person gets the message.  (Too bad they don't guard your financial information as closely as they do your medical.)  But I really want to call them back and leave this message -


This message is for you.  I got your message.  Please call me at 555-EFGH.  555-EFGH.  Thanks.  Bye-bye.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...