Monday, December 8, 2014

Design Wall Monday - 12/8/14


DESIGN WALL MONDAY -
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. -
At Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===



It’s CHRISTMAS!! - ;))

My FAVORITE time of year!! - ;))

On my design wall today is -



I found it with my Christmas stuff from last year - ;))

It has some embroidered blocks -

That my bloggy buddy - Katie M - did for me a while back - ;))


It’s already pre-sashed -

The way I like to do it -

And just needs to be sewn into a GIANT 9-patch -

Easy - peasy - ;))

Why didn’t I finish it up last year?? -

Who knows?? -

Probably saw another Squirrel -

And figured that it wouldn’t take long -

To sew it together -

And then just forgot about it - ;))

I also found the matching three-block table runner - ;))


So those two are in the queue for this month -

Along with some knitting - ;))

I found some “Fun Fur” balls of yarn -


And thought I could use them to make some -

Of what I like to call - One-Ball Scarves - ;))

No pattern -

Just cast on some stitches -

And knit each row until I use up the One-Ball of yarn - ;))

Tried some stitches on one needle -


And then some on a larger needle -


And chose the larger needle - ;))


LARGER needle - FLUFFIER - FASTER - ;))

And I see no point in knitting one row -

And purling the next one -

If the yarn is so fuzzy that you can’t see the pattern -

So I don’t bother -

I just keep knitting -

Until I get to within about a foot or so of yarn left -

And then I cast off -

And weave in the ends - ;))

SIMPLE -

And the yarn does all of the work!! - ;))

Red version -



Turquoise version -



===

Then I found some “Eyelash” yarn -


And added a ball of Sport-weight variegated -
Figuring that one strand of each -
At the same time -
Would give me something that I could SEE - ;))

Can’t knit it if I can’t SEE it - ;))


And it’s coming out REALLY soft - ;))


===

Also - during the last couple of weeks -

I spent some time messing with my scraps - ;))


I found a bunch of triangle pieces -


That I thought I could use for some Foundation Paper Piecing -


But the waste was incredible -



To get this -


So I’m going to have to rethink that - ;))

===

AND THEN -

I found the PERFECT gift for BOB this year - ;))


If you can't read it -
It says -

Dear Lord,

So far today I am doing alright. I have not
whined, bitched, been grumpy, nasty or selfish.
I haven’t eaten any chocolate....
But
I am going to get out of bed in a minute
and I might need a lot more help.
===


PERFECT!! - Right?? - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Katie M. said...

Okay, I'm going to have to embroider that saying on something....
The knitting - sure are a lot of quilters out there who are also knitters. I've been doing a few of the fingerless mitts. I like the idea to use the sport weight yarn with the eyelash yarn - I have quite a bit of both and that would be a good way to use some of it up - thanks for the idea!
Christmas sewing - I like what you're doing with the embroidered blocks.
Okay off to do more of Christmas gift sewing.... don't know why I do this to myself every year.....

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Katie - for the comment AND the BLOCKS!! - ;)) This year I fully intended to do the "Leisurely Turtle Race To Christmas With Squirrels Allowed" that LindaL and I started a couple of years ago - but Life got in the way. Next year I'm going to try to work on Christmas stuff all year long - key word "TRY" - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...