Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Thanksgiving Sudoku -


So I got the sashing and cornerstones on as planned - ;))


And then added the borders -

Ta-Dah!! - ;))


Here's a close-up of the top left corner - ;))


The borders are a bit narrower on this one -
Since they were determined by the width of the strip in my stash -
Which started out as a regular 1/4 yard length -
But which shrunk when it was pre-washed - UGH!! -

BUT -

I would much rather have it shrink BEFORE I sewed it to something -

Than AFTER - ;))

That's why I try to pre-wash everything except Jelly Rolls -

And why I toss my 5" Charm Squares -
And small scraps in the salad spinner - HERE - ;))

Anyway -

Today is the first day of September -

And I'm switching gears - ;))

I want/need to get some of my tops QUILTED -

Before I run out of year -

And have nothing to show for it - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

JulieF said...

Great finish. That will be a fine addition to the fall decor.
I really can't pre-wash much of what I have as it is all scraps. I did wash some stuff I donated to a friend's quilt but since our machine is cold water only and I hang things to dry, I don't know if it does much good.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Julie - Pre-washing has become a habit of mine - but it is so time-consuming to sort light/dark - wash - then press everything - that I'm seriously considering saying to heck with it and using my stash "as is". Maybe if I don't mix "pre-washed" and "NOT pre-washed" it won't matter - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...