Thursday, December 3, 2015

Throwback Thursday - LEFT-HANDED QUILTING - Cutting Qtr Square Triangles

EDIT UPDATE -

Since posting this post -
I designed a LEFT-HANDED ruler to cut HST and QST -
LEFT-HANDED!! -


No more Flippin' rulers!! -
I call it a LEFT-EZE™ Rule -
Check it out on my other blog - HERE - ;))


=====

Another Throwback Thursday -

A re-post some of the stuff that I wrote a while ago -

That you may or may not have read -

So here goes -

The following was originally posted on 10/09/12 - ;))

===

LHQ - Cutting Qtr Square Triangles

I was looking though some old photos -

And found these -

I couldn’t remember why I didn’t post them -

Along with my LHQSQ blocks -

Then I realized that they were the wrong size -

BUT -

They are perfect for showing how to cut QST -

With a Companion Angle ™ Ruler -
by Darlene Zimmerman -

LEFT-HANDED - ;))

Follow the directions on the ruler for the CORRECT strip size -
That’s where I messed up - I cut the strips the wrong size - ;))

Cut two strips and layer them right sides together -

Start at the RIGHT end of the strip -
And cut UP the LEFT side and DOWN the RIGHT side of the ruler -


Rotate the ruler -
Moving it to the LEFT of the one you just cut -
And cut UP the LEFT side again -


Separate your pieces -


Lay them out -


Sew them together -

All done - ;))


===
===

So that's it for this Throwback Thursday - ;))

You can find a whole bunch of stuff -

About LEFT-HANDED QUILTING (LHQ) -

Including LHQ - ROTARY CUTTING -

On the pages/tabs at the top of my blog - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...