Monday, March 6, 2017

Design Wall Monday - 3/6/17

DESIGN WALL MONDAY -
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. -
At Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===


On my wall today -

My St. Patrick's Day Sudoku Quilt from way back when - ;))


I thought that I would pull it out because it's March already -

MARCH! - I can't believe it! -

Where does the time go? -

And why does it seem to FLY faster as I get older? -

MARCH! - Geesh! -

Anyway - here's a close-up in case you forgot -
My favorite fabric in this set is the one with the Japanese characters -
I couldn't resist putting it in a St. Patrick's Day quilt -
Just because - ;))


I had thought that I would fuse/baste my Five Stars Plus 5 next -

But first -


Don't you love it when someone says "next - but first" -

BOB always wants to ask if he/she knows the definition of "next" -
next - adj.  nearest; immediately preceding or following - adv.  1.  in the nearest time, place, rank, etc.  2.  on the first subsequent occasion -


And yes - BOB knows the definition - but it's still FUN to say -

Next - but first - ;))

All I wanted to do was fuse/baste the top NEXT -
But before I could do that I had to find some more pinmoors to stabilize it -
And I had used them all on the Christmas Table Topper -
So I had to do the stitch-in-the-ditch on that FIRST -
To free up the pinmoors - or buy some more -


Then I saw the Valentine's Day Sudoku up on the wall and thought I might as well fuse/baste that one, too -




But first -

I need to make a backing -

So I found some reds and pressed them all nice and neat - ;))


Then I can fuse/baste the St. Patrick's Day Sudoku Quilt -
While I'm in the fuse/basting mode -

But first -

I need to make the backing for that one, too - ;))

These greens should work -

Get them them OUT of the scrap bin and into something useful - ;))


All I really wanted to do was baste/fuse the Five Stars Plus 5 -

Next -

But first -


I saw a whole bunch of Squirrels -

Who led me astray - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -




3 comments:

Gene Black said...

But first - LOL - now you can have a quilting marathon getting all of those quilts ready for binding.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

But first - LOL - I'm sure another Squirrel will appear out of nowhere - ;))

Julie Fukuda said...

Well, the sudoku is calling me ... and I'm thinking of making a valentine one and then a nice St. Paddy's one and putting them back to back. Then, how about one for each month ... and if I put them into a table runner, that would be half as many and I could flip it over every other month ...
Time flies and so do ideas.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...