Saturday, April 14, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

WOW! Thank you!! I don’t know what else to say - ;))

That was my response to BillieBee when she left me a comment that she had awarded me the Liebster Blog Award -


I repeat -

WOW! Thank you!! I don’t know what else to say - ;))

Now I must admit that at first I thought that it was one of those silly chain things -

So I “Googled” the Liebster Blog Award -

To see what the deal was -

And found that “Liebster” is supposed to be a German word meaning dearest, beloved, or favorite. The award’s origin is unknown but it is a chain award passed on from one blog to another to promote your favorite blogs.

You all know that I am not one to normally do chain letters or "chain" anything -

But I thought that this one was a bit different -

Small blogs get a bit of recognition from other small blogs -

Which is kinda cool if you ask me -

And with this one -

I don’t have to tell you 10 little secrets - ;))

So -

According to BillieBee -

The Liebster is given to blogs that deserve to be recognized, but have less than 200 followers. And, of course, the Award comes with just a few "rules", which are:


1) Post about your win on your blog.

This is the post -
So I got that part - ;))

2) Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award.

The blogger who presented me with the award is one of my followers -
BillieBee - BillieBee’s Blog

She always has such pretty eye candy on her blog -
I am so glad that she was awarded the Liebster Blog Award -
And that she thought of passing it along to me.
Thanks, again, BillieBee!

3) Copy and Paste the award to your blog.

Did that at the top -
And on my sidebar -
That should cover that part - ;))

4) Present the award to 5 blogs that have less than 200 followers that you think deserve to be recognized.

Aw, man!!
This is the hard part -
There are SO MANY deserving blogs out there -
How do I choose ONLY 5?

Deep breath - just do it - ;))

And just so you know -
I could have nominated a whole bunch more - ;))
But I had to limit it to 5 -

So - here goes -

In alphabetical order -

I nominate the following -

1. Julie Fukuda - My Quilter Diary - Japan

A Left-Handed Quilter who does all of her quilts BY HAND -
Absolutely beautiful work - you have to see it to believe it.

2. Katie M. - Katie and Quilts

A Right-Handed Friend of A Left-Handed Quilter -
A Queen of UFORIA - where UFOs Reside in Abundance - ;))
And a team member of The Leisurely Wife QAL.
With the same background on her blog as Julie - how cool is that?
She does amazing machine embroidery -
And is very active in the Quilts for Comfort.

3. Linda - Linda quilts

A Right-Handed Friend of A Left-Handed Quilter -
A Queen of UFORIA - where UFOs Reside in Abundance - ;))
She is always up to something and shows me HOW she does stuff - FUN!

4. Sue - Craft the Final Frontier - Australia

A Left-Handed Quilter with a great sense of humor.
She is very quirky (her word) and very crafty -
And the Lead Team Member on The Leisurely Wife QAL -
You really should visit her blog to Meet Prudence - ;))

5. Tracy - My World in a Stitch

A Left-Handed Quilter with simply wonderful stuff on her blog.
And a three-year-old - ;))

5) Let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.

I did that -
Last night - ;))

So - your turn -

You guys go check out the nominees -

And tell them I sent you - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

5 comments:

Katie M. said...

Awww, thanks for the award... I'm with you in the 'who to choose' department - there are so many great blogs out there - and just to let you know - I would 'reaward' you but that probably isn't how this is supposed to work :-) Of to check out all your awardees.....

Linda said...

Girl you just keep cracking me up!! I LOVE THIS AWARD!! And coming from you it's even more special. Thanks bunches and gobs! ;o)
What a nice surprise. And...just like you I'll pass this one on for sure (unlike many others).
Thanks again for the honor.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You are more than welcome. I love looking at your applique. Thanks for the shoutout!

TDJ said...

You always have such nice things to say. I am with you and Katie, who to choose. I will have to spend some time working on it tomorrow. The kids wore me out today. :-)

Sue said...

*blushing coyly* Thank you so much for the award and all the lovely things you said. I'll be passing it on in the next couple of days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...