Wednesday, April 11, 2012

LHQSQ - HSTriangle Blocks

EDIT UPDATE -

Since posting this post -
I designed a LEFT-HANDED ruler to cut HST and QST -
LEFT-HANDED!! -


No more Flippin' rulers!! -
I call it a LEFT-EZE™ Rule -
Check it out on my other blog - HERE - ;))


===

Another thing that I use -

To make HSTriangle blocks -

Is called “Triangles on a Roll™”




It’s really cool stuff -

I have several different sizes -

The top roll - Green -
Will make 735 -
QST - 2” finished squares

The second one - Red -
Will make 1200 -
HST - 1” finished squares

The bottom one is -
What I have left of the roll -
That makes -
HST - 2” finished squares

They come in real handy -

When I only need a couple of blocks -

And not a bunch of “multiples” -

Or you can use the Easy Angle Ruler -
Like I showed you - here -

Or you can use Triangulations -
Like I did - here -

I love how there are SO many different ways -

To do the SAME thing -

I think that is what makes quilting so much FUN -

So - try everything -

Find a method that YOU like -

And USE that one - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

1 comment:

Sue said...

I remember seeing something similar in Pre-Quilting Days. It was for a log cabin.....Maybe that is what started my obsession with log cabin quilts! I agree with you re. trying things out and finding what suits us. GOOD advice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...