Sunday, June 10, 2012

LHQSQ - Sashing & Cornerstones

My Left-Handed Quilter's Sampler Quilt -

LHQSQ - See the page/tab above -


So far -

Is comprised of 6” sampler blocks -

That you can make using -

2-1/2” squares -

HST that FINISH at 2” -

and Strips - cut 1-1/2" x 2-1/2" -

Three across and three down -

Variations of the basic NINE-PATCH -

The sewn block will MEASURE 6-1/2” -

And FINISH at 6” -

===

I’ve just been slapping these up on the wall -
As I went along - any which way -
And so far - I have this -



I figured that -
Before I got too far along -
I should start adding the sashing strips -
My Way - tell ya about that later - ;))

But - before I could DO that -
I would have to decide WHICH fabric to use -
For the sashing strips - ;))

I had pictured the GOLD in my head -
And on EQ7 - ;))


But I also liked the BROWN and the GREEN -


But they all seemed a bit too DARK for me -

And I didn’t want a DARK quilt this time -

So I went LIGHTER -

MUCH lighter -

The WHITE-ON-WHITE - looked a little TOO light -


And the OFF-WHITE/TAN - looked like it would be JUST RIGHT -


UNTIL I took this photo -

Then my Block #16 - Friendship Star - looked funny -

There was NO contrast between the background and the sashing -

SO -

I thought about it some more -

And tried it AGAIN - ;))

Pulled ANOTHER brown from my stash -


Pulled a CARAMEL colored one -


Tried the GOLD again -


And still couldn’t decide -

SO -

I tried one more thing -

I tried them all on the couch -
Where the final quilt would “live” -

And the CARAMEL won -

I like how it looks with the pillows -
That already live on the couch - ;))


And Brown #2 matches the coffee table -

So guess which one I chose for the cornerstones - ;))

Looks a bit plain right now -

But the blocks promise me -

That they will add a BUNCH of COLOR - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -









6 comments:

Katie M. said...

I would have never thought to actually lay the fabric out where it would eventually 'live'.... What a smart lady your are!

Linda said...

Yes! I agreed with the couch. I love caramel. Caramel & chocolate is Awwwwsome! ;o)

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Katie! And if it gets too big to "live" on the couch - the "caramel" goes with the curtains in my bedroom, too - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Linda! Caramel and chocolate with RED strawberries - RED apples - and RED cherries - Should be yummy!! - ;))

Linda C said...

Brown 2 is the one right above the caramel, correct? Good choice! Not that my opinion matters much in the scheme of things but sounds like a good match where it will be staying once done. Good start on all the blocks!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Correct! Thanks - I kinda like it myself - ;)) And I just keep chugging along on the blocks - they look simple now - but they are getting more complicated - just haven't shown you guys yet - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...