Wednesday, December 5, 2012

LTRTCWSA - Folk Art Christmas Tree -


Another episode of -

Leisurely Turtle Race to Christmas with Squirrels Allowed - ;))

===

While I was in “Applique” mode -
I dug out Folk Art Christmas -
Folk Art Christmas - by Cindy Taylor Oates - (c) Taylor Made Designs -

The pattern has three designs -
Folk Art Christmas Tree - 27" x 35-1/2"
Little Angels Quilt - 16" x 20"
Octagonal Tree Skirt - 66"

I want to make the Folk Art Christmas Tree - ;))


Found some red - beige - brown - and gold -


And some green -
Eenie - meenie - miney - moe - ;))


Fortunately for me -

This pattern is mostly symmetrical -

So I DON'T have to remember to REVERSE the pattern -

Before I draw and cut out ALL of the pieces -

EXCEPT for the Bird at the top -

And the Hand at the bottom - ;))

I DON'T want to REVERSE the Hand -

I want that to be a LEFT - Hand -

So if I do the Bird first -

AND remember to REVERSE it -

I should be OK - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

P.S.
This post was written and scheduled to go "live" today - before I learned that Linda - my bloggy buddy/friend and "Racing" partner had to have surgery recently and will be sidelined for awhile. I have decided to post my progress as scheduled - and because she's run into this little roadblock - We have declared a TIE in our First Annual Leisurely Turtle Race To Christmas With Squirrels Allowed. - ;))



2 comments:

Linda C said...

Certainly a tie is good. You are going to do it next year too? Hope Linda is feeling better soon.

This looks like a fun pattern to play with.



A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Declaring it a tie seemed only fair - it's a Race in name only anyway - no speeding allowed - just leisurely work on Christmas stuff before the Holiday rush - ;)) And we do plan to do it again next year - you're welcome to join us - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...