Saturday, December 15, 2012

LTRTCWSA - Folk Art Christmas Tree -


Another episode of -

Leisurely Turtle Race to Christmas with Squirrels Allowed - ;))

===

So I decided to trace and cut the applique pieces -

On the Folk Art Christmas Tree - here -
Folk Art Christmas - by Cindy Taylor Oates - (c) Taylor Made Designs -



I remembered to turn the pattern over -

So that I could trace the Bird -

In REVERSE -

But I forgot to put the fusible web on TOP of the pattern -

And traced the Bird on the BACK of the PATTERN -

Instead of onto the fusible web - ;))

You can see the web there peeking out from UNDER the pattern - ;))



I never cease to amaze myself -

How do I screw up? -

Let me count the ways - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

P.S.
This post was written and scheduled to go "live" today - before I learned that Linda - my bloggy buddy/friend and "Racing" partner had to have surgery recently and will be sidelined for awhile. I have decided to post my progress as scheduled - and because she's run into this little roadblock - We have declared a TIE in our First Annual Leisurely Turtle Race To Christmas With Squirrels Allowed. - ;))





3 comments:

Linda said...

HAHAHA Very very familiar with that technique. haha

Linda C said...

That tree is going to do you in yet! Just looking at it, it would seem it is fairly straight forward but looks are deceptive? Is it not symmetrical?

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Yes - it is symmetrical EXCEPT for the Bird at the top and the Hand at the bottom. I was trying to remember to REVERSE the Bird so that it would face the same direction as on the pattern. I'm not going to reverse the Hand - I want that to be a LEFT-Hand - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...