Tuesday, December 18, 2012

LTRTCWSA - 12/18/12

Another episode of -

Leisurely Turtle Race to Christmas with Squirrels Allowed - ;))

===

I’m still working on the Folk Art Christmas Tree
Folk Art Christmas - by Cindy Taylor Oates - (c) Taylor Made Designs -


TA DAH! -


Well I got it fused before Christmas - ;))

I still need to stitch it all down -

But I figured that I could stitch it and the Gingerbread 'n Hearts -

With the same colors -

And not have to change thread as often - ;))


I just have to decide which sewing machine to use -

My Husqvarna/Lily does a great buttonhole/applique stitch -
I used her on the Floral Applique quilt -

SuzieQ - I’m not sure yet -
I need to do some test stitches -
She has several available -

Or not even bother and just switch her out for Lily -

Either way I can applique them at the same time -

Then add borders - backing - etc. -

At least - that’s the plan - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

P.S.
This post was written and scheduled to go "live" today - before I learned that Linda - my bloggy buddy/friend and "Racing" partner had to have surgery recently and will be sidelined for awhile. I have decided to post my progress as scheduled - and because she's run into this little roadblock - We have declared a TIE in our First Annual Leisurely Turtle Race To Christmas With Squirrels Allowed. - ;))





3 comments:

Linda said...

They are both so cute. I love the tree!!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks - I love the tree, too!! I don't know why I waited so long to make it - I think that I was hoping for some softer fusible stuff to come on the market - but as it turns out - I used the stuff she included with the pattern. I figured she knew what she was doing and the stiffer stuff is better for a wallhanging anyway - ;))

Linda C said...

Looking good! The tree is amazing but I love the gingerbread piece too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...