Wednesday, December 19, 2012

LTRTCWSA - 12/19/12

Another episode of -

Leisurely Turtle Race to Christmas with Squirrels Allowed - ;))

===

I changed my mind -

New plan - ;))

Still use the same colors -

But applique the “Gingerbread ‘n Hearts” - here - first -
Gingerbread ‘n Hearts - (c) 1995 - Dinah’s Quilts & Accents - 18" x 21"


Practice my stitching -

And THEN do the Folk Art Christmas Tree - ;))

I decided to use Lily -

And stitched the hearts first in red -

Then the gingerbread boy -

I thought I was being clever -

By using a paper towel as a stabilizer -
Instead of a coffee filter -


And it worked real well -

Until it was time to remove the paper -
And I had to use my tweezers -
To get out the little bits -


So I got another cup of coffee -
Took a short strip of scotch tape -
Made a little ring for my finger -
To use as a mini-lint roller -
And spent a relaxing afternoon -
Up close and personal - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

P.S.
This post was written and scheduled to go "live" today - before I learned that Linda - my bloggy buddy/friend and "Racing" partner had to have surgery recently and will be sidelined for awhile. I have decided to post my progress as scheduled - and because she's run into this little roadblock - We have declared a TIE in our First Annual Leisurely Turtle Race To Christmas With Squirrels Allowed. - ;))






3 comments:

Linda said...

Well now aren't you the clever one. A finger tape for trash! Great tip!!!

Linda C said...

Very cute! I can see the figures up close now, LOL.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Haha - I'm just full of mostly useless information - but sometimes my lazy side is useful - who wants to drag out the humongous lint roller for itty bitty bits? - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...