Friday, October 4, 2013

Back to the cat -

So I got him stitched -

Cut him out -

Weighted him down with a doubled baggie of rice -
Because I don’t have the recommended “crushed walnut shells” - ;))

Anyway -

I got to the part where I was supposed to attach his legs -


And realized that his legs -
Would obscure the wording on his body -

"patchwork" on his chest -


The words and notions on his bottom -


And if I turned him around -
It wouldn’t help - ;))


So I decided to make him legless -
And Bow-less - ;))

His front -


His back -


My Other Half suggested that I name him -
Bandit - The One-Eyed Cat -
Because of his one BLUE eye - ;))

And I must admit that I didn't even SEE the one BLUE eye -
Until he said that - ;))

And you're scrolling back up now -

Aren't you?? - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

  1. Patterns are made to be tweaked or changed or improved or whatever you might call it ... just like rules are made to be broken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AGREE, Julie - ;)) Patterns are great for a basic guide - but when everyone makes "something" to match the pattern/photo - the "somethings" all turn out the SAME - and where's the creativity/originality in that? SAME pattern - SAME colors - SAME thing - the designer's version of what "it" should be. It's like watching a movie made from a book - I see the director's version - not the one my imagination created when I read the book - and I usually like my version better - ;))

      Delete
  2. LOL Yes I am.
    Actually I like him better without legs. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda - I knew that you would - haha - ;))

      Delete

I love reading your comments -
they let me know that I'm not just talking to myself - ;))

FYI - I have always restricted comments to “Registered User” - and I have always moderated my comments - and I will continue to do so. I like to read your comments before I publish them - and I DO publish ALL of them - whether you agree with me or not. The only ones that I DO NOT publish are the “buy-me” and "spam" crap.

So - if you want to leave a comment but don’t like your word verification choice - hit the little arrow thingy to the right of the box until you find one that you DO like. I can’t always read them either but word verification is there for a reason and I refuse to be bullied into taking it off - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...