Thursday, October 17, 2013

QJ - T's Quilts

QUILT JOURNAL -T’S QUILTS - formerly known as MORE "NOTHING" QUILTS

Wholecloth Pre-quilted Panel
Baby Quilts
Completed - March 19, 1998

Made for Grandson #2 -

The pre-quilted panels only required binding in the color of my choice -

  • 2 pkgs of quilt binding for each quilt - or -
  • 3 pkgs to bind 2 panels in the same color

Warning!! - Panels may be printed crooked -
Straightening was required on some -

Once again -
Sorry for the crappy photos -
These are scans of the photos in my scrapbook -
I don’t have the original quilts so I couldn't take new photos - ;))

Precious Moments -


Circus Animals -


I always referred to these little quilts as "Nothing" quilts -

Since there was "Nothing" to them - ;))

But the first time I posted some “Nothing” quilts - here -

Both KatieM and Julie Fukuda set me straight - ;))

===

First KatieM -

Katie M. has left a new comment on your post "QJ - "Nothing" Quilts":

No such thing as a "nothing" quilt. You chose the panel, you created the quilt, you gave your time and your love to making something special for someone special - that's really SOMETHING!

I replied -
Thanks, Katie! - ;))
P.S.
What I meant by "Nothing" is that there was not much of anything "quilt" related necessary to finish them up. They were like an "instant" quilt. They were already quilted - so I just added a little binding - a little time - and a whole bunch of love - ;))


She wasn’t buying it -
She came back with -
Doesn't matter - you still thought of the person they were intended for and proceeded to make them special - I'm sticking to my "no such thing as a "nothing" quilt :-)

I replied -
OK - YOU WIN!! - ;)) ALL quilts are something special - even if they are super-easy to put together. But - just so you know - I made another batch of "Nothing" quilts for another baby a couple of years later - so when I post the Quilt Journal entry for those - just repeat what you just said - haha - ;))

That "other" baby was Z - and another few years later - I made these for T - ;))
===

And then Julie added her comment -

Julie Fukuda has left a new comment on your post "QJ - "Nothing" Quilts":

Something like that to be dragged around and loved and still hold up is a whole lot more than "nothing"!

I replied -
Thanks, Julie! - What I meant by "Nothing" is that there was not much of anything "quilt" related necessary to finish them up. They were like an "instant" quilt. They were already quilted - so I just added a little binding - a little time - and a whole bunch of love - ;))

===

THANK YOU, LADIES - for taking the time to set me straight -

YOU ARE RIGHT - THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A “NOTHING” QUILT - ;))



QJ - 1998



2 comments:

  1. My paper diary has pictures way back from the days before digital. My son scanned the diary to create this blog for me but I still have no photos that I could ever pull up and use. (Of course there are all those I gave away without taking a photo first)
    A picture panel is a good way to start and all kinds of changes can be made using the right side of the brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My scrapbooks have photos of most of my quilts - but I gave some away without taking a photo first, too. A while back I spent some time scanning them into my computer so that I could someday add them to my blog - what a chore! The stories are already written for the scrapbook - they just need some formatting changes before I post them. (They are all in CAPS which works for the scrapbook - but not for my blog.) I want to post the rest of my "Quilt Journal" in order - and have quite a few more to go before I get to "now" - ;))

      And you're right about the panels - these came "pre-quilted" - and were so quick and easy - ;))

      Delete

I love reading your comments -
they let me know that I'm not just talking to myself - ;))

FYI - I have always restricted comments to “Registered User” - and I have always moderated my comments - and I will continue to do so. I like to read your comments before I publish them - and I DO publish ALL of them - whether you agree with me or not. The only ones that I DO NOT publish are the “buy-me” and "spam" crap.

So - if you want to leave a comment but don’t like your word verification choice - hit the little arrow thingy to the right of the box until you find one that you DO like. I can’t always read them either but word verification is there for a reason and I refuse to be bullied into taking it off - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...