Thursday, October 17, 2013

QJ - T's Quilts

QUILT JOURNAL -T’S QUILTS - formerly known as MORE "NOTHING" QUILTS

Wholecloth Pre-quilted Panel
Baby Quilts
Completed - March 19, 1998

Made for Grandson #2 -

The pre-quilted panels only required binding in the color of my choice -

  • 2 pkgs of quilt binding for each quilt - or -
  • 3 pkgs to bind 2 panels in the same color

Warning!! - Panels may be printed crooked -
Straightening was required on some -

Once again -
Sorry for the crappy photos -
These are scans of the photos in my scrapbook -
I don’t have the original quilts so I couldn't take new photos - ;))

Precious Moments -


Circus Animals -


I always referred to these little quilts as "Nothing" quilts -

Since there was "Nothing" to them - ;))

But the first time I posted some “Nothing” quilts - here -

Both KatieM and Julie Fukuda set me straight - ;))

===

First KatieM -

Katie M. has left a new comment on your post "QJ - "Nothing" Quilts":

No such thing as a "nothing" quilt. You chose the panel, you created the quilt, you gave your time and your love to making something special for someone special - that's really SOMETHING!

I replied -
Thanks, Katie! - ;))
P.S.
What I meant by "Nothing" is that there was not much of anything "quilt" related necessary to finish them up. They were like an "instant" quilt. They were already quilted - so I just added a little binding - a little time - and a whole bunch of love - ;))


She wasn’t buying it -
She came back with -
Doesn't matter - you still thought of the person they were intended for and proceeded to make them special - I'm sticking to my "no such thing as a "nothing" quilt :-)

I replied -
OK - YOU WIN!! - ;)) ALL quilts are something special - even if they are super-easy to put together. But - just so you know - I made another batch of "Nothing" quilts for another baby a couple of years later - so when I post the Quilt Journal entry for those - just repeat what you just said - haha - ;))

That "other" baby was Z - and another few years later - I made these for T - ;))
===

And then Julie added her comment -

Julie Fukuda has left a new comment on your post "QJ - "Nothing" Quilts":

Something like that to be dragged around and loved and still hold up is a whole lot more than "nothing"!

I replied -
Thanks, Julie! - What I meant by "Nothing" is that there was not much of anything "quilt" related necessary to finish them up. They were like an "instant" quilt. They were already quilted - so I just added a little binding - a little time - and a whole bunch of love - ;))

===

THANK YOU, LADIES - for taking the time to set me straight -

YOU ARE RIGHT - THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A “NOTHING” QUILT - ;))



QJ - 1998



2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

My paper diary has pictures way back from the days before digital. My son scanned the diary to create this blog for me but I still have no photos that I could ever pull up and use. (Of course there are all those I gave away without taking a photo first)
A picture panel is a good way to start and all kinds of changes can be made using the right side of the brain.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

My scrapbooks have photos of most of my quilts - but I gave some away without taking a photo first, too. A while back I spent some time scanning them into my computer so that I could someday add them to my blog - what a chore! The stories are already written for the scrapbook - they just need some formatting changes before I post them. (They are all in CAPS which works for the scrapbook - but not for my blog.) I want to post the rest of my "Quilt Journal" in order - and have quite a few more to go before I get to "now" - ;))

And you're right about the panels - these came "pre-quilted" - and were so quick and easy - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...