Monday, November 9, 2015

Design Wall Monday - 11/9/15


DESIGN WALL MONDAY -
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. -
At Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===



On my wall today -

The same old Quarter Log Cabin Blocks -

Using a jelly roll from my stash -

And a pattern by Liz Katsuro at Jelly Roll Fabrics - HERE - ;))


And it's coming together nicely - ;))

This quilt top has 80 blocks - 8 x 10 -

And is on the wall sideways -

So you see 8 rows of 10 - ;))

As most of you already know -

I don't sew my quilt tops in "rows" -

I sew them into "twosies" -

Then "foursies" -

Then "eightsies" -

Etc. - ;))

The photo above is my wall -

When I got to four rows/sections of 8 - 8 - and 4 - ;))

Then I sewed the top row/sections to the second row/sections -

To make 16 - 16 - and 8 -

Then the third row/sections to the fourth row/sections -

To make another 16 - 16 - and 8 - ;))


Next I'll make sets of 32 - 32 - and 16 -

Then sew those three sections together -

Just like sewing a block - ;))

And -

Until I get to those last two seams -

I won't have to sew -

Or have to match the seams -

On more than FOUR blocks -

At a time - ;))

Which - in my mind -

Beats having to match TEN blocks -

And all of their seams -

EIGHT times - ;))

Or - EIGHT blocks -

And all of their seams -

TEN times - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Katie M. said...

I may have to try that method..... especially on a larger quilt!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Try it, Katie - let me know what you think - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...