Monday, November 14, 2016

Design Wall Monday - 11/14/16


DESIGN WALL MONDAY -
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. -
At Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===


On my wall today -

Another couple of blocks -

For my Thanksgiving Churn Dash - ;))


Now I know that these may not "technically" be "Churn Dash" blocks - since the "rounds" are not all the same fabrics in some cases - but it's close enough for me - and the best I can do with the fabrics available in the "charm packs". Sometimes I'm not able to get four of the same exact print for proper placement in the HST and the "bricks" - but that's part of the fun of sorting them all out - playing with different combinations - seeing how the fabrics play with one another - how they combine to blend or contrast - deciding which ones should be on the "outside" and which ones should be on the "inside" - ;))

Besides - it's one of my all-time favorite blocks when I'm looking at a pack of "charm squares" - it's fun to sort - quick to cut - and a very relaxing no-brainer sort of block - ;))

Missouri Star Quilt Company has the tutorial if you want to give it a try - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Gene Black said...

Funny, the Craftsy Quilt blog today was on making a Churn Dash block, too. I like the blocks made with different bricks.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Me, too - they "mix it up" a little - and sometimes disguise the fact that the layout is the same in all of the blocks - only the fabrics/value change - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...