Thursday, December 1, 2016

O Happy Christmas - again -


While sorting through my Christmas "Squirrels" -

I found O Happy Christmas from years ago - HERE -

And decided to change out - re-do - the top swirl -



And the ones at the bottom -
With a darker "Gold" fabric -


Then I forgot to trace/fuse/cut the center little circle/dot while I was at it - so I had to get out the pattern and ALL of the supplies AGAIN to do that little bit -

At least they were easy to find - I had JUST put them all away - ;))

I cut out the pieces and fused them right on top of the other ones - and I got pretty close - so it probably won't show much when I get it all done - at least I hope so - ;))

Anyway - as I was looking at it - I realized that I really did NOT want to "blanket-stitch" around each and every one of those letters/swirls/dots - and got to thinking about alternatives and remembered seeing a technique a few years ago on Connie's blog - HERE -

She calls it "Appliquilt" and I think that it might be just what I need - it looks like you just layer the quilt as usual and then free-motion quilt little squiggles around the edges of the letters - so it gets tacked down and quilted all at that same time - can't beat that! - ;))

I emailed her and asked her thoughts on thread color - and she made some suggestions - so I'll play with those - and let you know how it goes - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -





2 comments:

Gene Black said...

I like the idea of doing the applique and quilting in one step.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Sounds good - but I haven't tried it yet - so I'll keep you "posted" - LOL - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...