Monday, February 27, 2017

Design Wall Monday - 2/27/17

DESIGN WALL MONDAY -
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. -
At Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===


On my wall today -
Five Stars Plus 5 -


I had the "borders" decided - but spent some time auditioning corner options -
I knew that I wanted the red squares in the corners -
But the other three spots were giving me trouble -
I tried yellow/white HST in the larger size and a large yellow square -
But switched that out with a yellow/yellow HST possible maybe -


I liked the yellow/white HST but wasn't sure about the "inner" block -
And then decided to go back to my original blue/yellow Hourglass Block -


Turned the yellow/white HST this way -
And liked it - ;))


Tomorrow I'll post a tutorial on how I went from an EQ7 drawing to the final top - ;))

And yes - I know the red squares in the corners are bigger than they should be -
I did that on purpose -
The corners squares were supposed to be cut at 4-1/2" x 4-1/2" -
But because I used a 10" square -
I just cut it in half both ways -
Got four (4) squares at 5" x 5" -
And didn't see any point in trimming off the extra half inch -
When I was putting them in the "corners" -
And would be "squaring" the quilt top later -
You never know - I might need that extra half inch - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

I like the red corners and probably that bit of blue is happy to get some company.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...