Sunday, November 3, 2019

Sometimes -


The obvious totally escapes me - LOL - ;))

I thought this jelly roll would make a pretty bargello -


And I could have the prints running up and then back down again -


With the FLORAL in the center of the GOLDS as the "reverse" point -


But if I do it that way -

I need an EVEN number of duplicates -

To make the pattern run up and then back down again a second time -

So that I can sew them all into a "tube" -

Which appears to have no beginning or end -

And then cut the tube into strips of various widths for the bargello effect -

But I have THREE of each print - and one extra -

So I went back to the drawing board -

And then the OBVIOUS solution hit me - LOL -

If I have THREE of each print - and one extra -

I can forget about the extra one -

And simply lay them out -

In order -

In THREE identical repeats -

With no back and forth color runs -

Like this -

Problem solved - LOL - ;))


Have you ever -

Totally missed something -

That SHOULD have been obvious? - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I'm glad to see you are having fun with fabrics and not running from more fires. They are making big news here and seem to be flaring up on all directions. Oregon seems to be having a better year with fewer fires, but I keep looking at the map of California and thinking of you.

Barbara said...

Absolutely, we all have, Im sure. Plus, the more numbers necessary to get it, the more likely I am to miss it!

Gene Black said...

Well Duh.... why didn't I think of that?
Now I am really looking forward to seeing how this comes out.

Rebecca said...

Its the "duh moment" we have all had. Sometimes more frequently then others.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...