Saturday, November 2, 2019

Something pretty -


Sounded like it would help me find my mojo -

So I checked my stash -

And pulled out some jelly rolls with Christmas colors -

Because it will be here before we know it -

Whether we're ready or not - LOL - ;))



I sorted out the RED (8) - GREEN (8) - BEIGE/NEUTRALS (4) -


I thought about making some 5-step Upstairs/Downstairs blocks -
But decided that the BEIGE/NEUTRALS were a little too boring -


So I pulled out a YELLOW jelly roll from my stash -


And pulled out the two on the right -

They didn't really look very Chrismas-ey to me -


And replaced the BEIGE/NEUTRALS with the remaining ones -

Then they looked a little too "bright" to me -


So I put them all back and pulled out a different roll from my stash -

Imperial Collection - ©Studio RK - Crimson Colorstory -
RU-754-40 - by Robert Kaufman -

40 pieces - includes duplicates -
There are 3 each of 12 different prints and 4 of the last one -



First I laid them out thinking that I would make the 5-step Upstairs/Downstairs block - but each set of 5 strips will give me 3 blocks - and with so many duplicate prints - that is a whole lot of "same" - or really close to "same" - LOL -

So I think it might make a better bargello - with the prints running up and then back down again -




The FLORAL in the center of the GOLDS would be "reverse" point -




This only has 27 of them laid out - because my kitchen island is only 6" long -
So it would finish at 54" this way -

If I added another "reverse run" - I could have all 40 laid out -
And it would finish at 80" long -


I have two rolls - so I'm pretty sure that I could make it at least 60" wide -

That would be a nice size -

And it IS something pretty - LOL -

What do you think? - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

I think whatever you create it will be beautiful!!!!

Barbara said...

What do I think? Same as Frog Quilter. After reading through your post a second time, I thought holy moly, all those numbers! I’m a “wing it” kind of artist, so I couldn’t relate real well. Then I went back to my original thought and what a dear departed friend always said came to mind, “Every quilt is beautiful!”.

Gene Black said...

I have yet to make a bargello quilt, but I like that idea a lot. Hopefully, next year I can start on the bargello kit that I have.

Cindy Quilts said...

Looks fun! Can't wait to see what you do.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...