Sunday, January 3, 2021

Re-sort -

 
 
Today I sewed the first strata - 
 
For my Upstairs/Downstairs - Blushing Peonies
Moda's Blushing Peonies - Robin Pickens -
 
 
Then I decided to re-sort the rest of them - 
 
The GRAY ones were reading lighter than I originally thought -
 
So I wanted them to be the "bottom" strip on the strata -
 
And I wasn't all that thrilled with some of the combinations - 
After looking at them for a while - 
 
Sometimes thing have to "marinate" before they look good to me - LOL - 
 

So I took them all apart and started over - 
 
I re-sorted them by color - 

BLACK - GREEN - CORAL - GRAY/WHITE - 
 
And made five rows with seven in each row -
Only seven because I had already sewn the "eighth" one - 
 
And five rows of seven are the same as seven rows of five - LOL -  
Each one that is folded over has two identical strips -

Anyway - I had more GREEN than I needed -
So I added two to the middle row -

 
Then I started with the BLACK - made seven piles - 
Added a GREEN one to each pile - 
Then a third one - fourth one - and lastly a GREY/WHITE one - 
Total five in each pile - with doubles - so automatic matching "sets" - 

I tried to mix up the "stripes" and the "swirls" and "florals" so one strata wouldn't have two of the same "print" - but that wasn't possible in some cases - so I tried to put "another" print between two of the same - 
 
The fourth column has a BLACK/WHITE stripe and a CORAL stripe -
Separated by a GREEN -

 
The second column has a BLACK/WHITE stripe next to a GREEN/WHITE stripe -
But - oh, well - I tried - sometimes you just have to go with it - LOL - 

 
So - now they all re-sorted and ready to sew - 
 
Since I sew two strata at the same time - 
 
I keep "changing it up" - trying to find an "easier" way to sort them - 
 
And I think this is the easiest one I have come up with so far - 
 

 
And - after dinner - I sewed one more set of strata - 
 
So now I have two - LOL - 
 

 
 
I haven't pressed them yet but I usually leave that until the end - 
 
Maybe tomorrow I'll make more progress - 

We'll see - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 




5 comments:

Gene Black said...

It is interesting to see your sorting process. If I ruminated over it that long I would probably get stuck and never sew. I suppose it is good that we are all different in little ways.

Barb said...

I am amazed at how organized you are......I just slap stuff together and hope for the best (for the most part).

Cindy Quilts said...

You have been busy! Love everything you are working on!

Sue said...

Love all the fabrics. Such pretty shades of orange.

Quiltgal said...

Absolutely love this pattern. It makes a beautiful quilt. You are so talented.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...