Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Thanksgiving Churn Dash - DONE -


As in quilted and bound - DONE!! - ;))


The backing is left-over "turkey" fabric with a strip of "orange pumpkins" -
I love turkey "left-overs" - of every shape and form - LOL - ;))


The strip of "orange pumpkins" wasn't quite long enough - so I added some "Halloween cats" in the middle - and didn't bother with the corner triangles because it's a table topper - not a wallhanging - ;))


I used a pre-packaged quilt binding and carefully marked the back for placement so that I wouldn't cut off the points on the HST - and most of them look pretty good -




And some don't -


But you can see the pretty decorative stitch that I used to stitch down the front -

So there's that - ;))


Now I'm debating whether or not to fuse/baste the Halloween Churn Dash - since the backing is already made - to get it going - before I tackle my pile of Christmas "Squirrels" - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -




2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Great job! I have issues with points even working by hand. The back is sweet too.It is kind of a modern twist to a traditional block.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Julie - I sometimes have issues with making points in simple conversations - but I keep trying - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...