Friday, May 4, 2012

Corn on the cob - Again -


My Other Half just came home from the store -

With some Corn on the cob - YUM!!

And -

I don't know if any of you LIKE Corn on the cob –

Or if you have already seen this - or not -

But –

Last year -

I got an email from Judee

With a link to this little video - here -

It is NOT a JOKE!!

This is the COOLEST way to make Corn on the cob –

NO MUSS - NO FUSS -

FOUR minutes each -

For two ears of corn -

In the microwave -

EIGHT minutes TOTAL -

You just gotta see how he gets all of the silk off!!

Shucking Corn with Ken - Clean Ears Everytime

Cool, huh?

We tried it -

And I will NEVER cook Corn on the cob

Any OTHER way again!! ;))



Talk to you later – gotta go – gotta sew –



8 comments:

Aileen said...

Shucking Corn. That was too funny. Love the idea

Katie M. said...

Now I want to go find some fresh corn - thanks for that link.

Linda said...

Well now isn't that clever!! I'm going to have to get some corn.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You're welcome - you really have to try it - it is just SO EASY!! Just be sure to cut the cooked corn at the bottom ABOVE the curve - if that makes sense. If you cut it too close to the stem - it won't fall out of the shuck. ;))

Linda in Calif. said...

I'm a BIG corn on the cob lover. I'm just going to have to try this method. Thanks so MUCH for pointing out my oopie on my quilt! I'm so glad I can fix it. I remember when I sewed it up I thought something was wrong but just didn't know what. LOL!! Now I see it. Thanks!!!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Linda - You are welcome. I really don't like to point out boo-boos on other people's quilts - but I think that sometimes we just need another pair of eyes to see what we can't. I was hoping that you wouldn't mind - and that you still had time to fix it. It really is a cute little wall hanging. ;)) And the corn on the cob method is GREAT - just make sure you don't cut the cooked corn too close to the stem - ;))

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

DH cooks corn like that all the time, but didn't know about the cut and shake method. He can't wait to try it....grin.

Quilting_Chris said...

Thank you for reminding me of Ken's method. We did it last year and I agree it is the best way to prepare it. To market, to market to scout out some delicious corn.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...