Sunday, September 22, 2013

QJ - Stained Glass Bird


Machine Quilted
10-1/2" x 10-1/2"
Started - August 1996
Completed - August 1996

This was an experiment -



I found a stained glass pattern of a bird -


And layered fabrics of various colors -

With the darkest color on the bottom - ;))


I traced the pattern on the top lightest color -

Cut down to the color I wanted -

And satin stitched the opening - ;))

The black satin stitching looked like stained glass leading - ;))

It got very thick and stiff - ;))


Won second place at the County Fair in August 1996 -

I entered it in the "wallhanging" category -

Even though it had no hanging sleeve -

And was rather small - ;))




QJ - 1996


6 comments:

Katie M. said...

That's really pretty! Was that a pattern for actually working with glass? or was it a quilt pattern? just curious...

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Katie - it was a pattern for actually working with glass - ;))

Julie Fukuda said...

That must have been hard to do so small. Did they hang it?

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I don't remember it being that hard to do - but I do remember having to use a VERY narrow satin stitch so as not to overpower the whole thing - and sewing VERY slowly - ;)) And NO they didn't hang it. You can't tell very well from the photo - but they put it on the floor of a glass case - along with a variety of other stuff - ;))

Linda C said...

How clever of you and quite pretty! I can see that I missed a few posts when I was looking for the picture you had of Red M & M, that sassy boy. I posted my half of the story just a bit ago and needed the link. LOL

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Linda - I'll go check your half of the story in a minute - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...