Monday, February 26, 2018

Cheddar test block -


Started with a 10" square of "cheddar" fabric -

And my June Tailor Short Cut (renamed Shape Cut - HERE) -
That I got years ago - and is one of my go-to rulers -

First I made cuts at the 3-1/2" - 7" - and 8-1/2" lines -



Then I went to the LEFT end of my cutting table - and re-positioned the ruler to cut in the other direction - again at the 3-1/2" - 7" - and 8-1/2" lines -



And got this - ;))

4 squares at 3-1/2" x 3-1/2" -
8 rectangles at 1-1/2" x 3-1/2" -
4 squares at 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" -


Using 4 "crumb" blocks at 3-1/2" x 3-1/2" -
4 "cheddar" rectangles at 1-1/2" x 3-1/2" for the sashings -
And one small blue square at 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" for the center -

I made a simple 9-patch and pressed everything to the "cheddar" fabric -


And - from the front - I don't think the "show through" is bad at all -

I LIKE it! - ;))


Next up - the "alternate" block - test block -

For that I'll use the 4 "cheddar" squares at 3-1/2" x 3-1/2" -
One "cheddar" square at 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" for the center -

For the sashing "rectangles" - I need to make some strip sets -

So I'll play with those later - ;))

EDIT UPDATE - 6:00PM -

I found enough little 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" squares that I didn't need to make any strip sets - I'll make those tomorrow - but for now the test block looks good to me - ;))


A close-up doesn't show any "show through" -


And I think the two blocks together will work out just fine - ;))




Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Lookin' good!

Gene Black said...

It looks good. I may end up liking the cheddar as a neutral after all.

misstrixella said...

I agree.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...