Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Sometimes -


I get ahead of myself - ;))

Promise you won't laugh -

And I'll tell you what I did - ;))

After binge watching a bunch of my Craftsy/Bluprint videos on FMQ -

I thought that - before I get too involved with my Mountain To Be Quilted -

I would get my "walking foot" project ready to go -

So I had something else to play with when I want/need a break -

I spread it out on the kitchen island -


And found two matching threads for the quilting -

A Dusty Rose -


And a Chocolate Brown -


I knew that I needed to close up the opening that I used to turn it inside out -


So I pinned it closed - trying to match the points -
With pins on either side of the point -


And one pin down the center to keep the seam together until it got stitched -


All pinned and ready to sew -


I did a single line of stitching - very close to the edge -
With Dusty Rose thread on the top -


And Chocolate Brown in the bobbin -


And I did an AWESOME job - LOL - ;))


From the back - it lined up so well that you can't tell that I couldn't see where I was sewing -


But - like I said -

I got ahead of myself -

When I spread it out to press/fuse the layers together -

I found big lumps of batting bunched up in several areas -

Note to self - Next time use a SINGLE sheet of batting -
This is NOT the place for franken-batting - LOL - ;))

I forgot that I had left that opening OPEN on purpose -

So that I could stick my arm in there to straighten out the lumpy batting -

BEFORE I stitched the opening closed -

So - I spent some time "un-sewing" some of that AWESOME seam -

Not all of it - mind you -

Just enough so that I could stick my arm in there and straighten out some parts -

Then I spread it out - again - and pressed/fused the layers together -

And pinned it to stabilize it before I take it to the sewing machine -

To RE-SEW the UN-SEWN part of that AWESOME seam - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



7 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Lol you are so funny and normal. It’s all good.

Gene Black said...

Ha ha.... I have 'gotten ahead of myself' so many times. Thankfully I know how to use the seam ripper.

Cindy Quilts said...

Glad you were able to fix it. And, that is an AWESOME seam!

diane said...

Yup, you are like the rest of us or at least like me. You put a big old smile on my face as I was reading this because I know how it goes some days!!! All in a days work.

Katie said...

Oh, I've NEVER done anything like that. Nope. Never. Hahahahahahahahaha!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I wondered if the layers would line up so the quilting was down the middle on both sides so now I know it does. I hope the rest of the quilting goes smoothly.

Sherry said...

Well, unlike some of your other friends, I did *not* laugh at you.

I felt bad that you had to have a date with Jack the Ripper.

Then I laughed because I thought that you would probably think I was full of "it" when I said I didn't laugh. (Hey, I have brown eyes, don't you know!! LOL)

Ok, I groaned at your problem and then laughed because we have all "been there, done that". . . .and I have probably done it more than most.

Have a lovely day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...