Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Quarter Log Cabin -

 
 
Quarter Log Cabin - 
Pattern -  © 2015 - by Liz Katsuro - 
You can get her FREE patterns - HERE

Barbara asked me about "seeing" one block - 

And - since I haven't made one to show you guys yet - 

Here's the photo that Liz includes in her FREE pattern - 
Mind you - it's HER photo - not mine - 
 
The "block" is made similar to that of a Log Cabin -
With a square in the corner - 
And three "rounds" - 
 

Four blocks make ONE Log Cabin Block - 
Hence the name - "Quarter" Log Cabin - 

 
BOB has to laugh when she sees the "Quarter" block - 
Referred to as a "HALF" Log Cabin Block - 
Because she's not really sure how you can use only TWO - 
To get a WHOLE block -
But then again - it's probably just me - LOL - ;))
 
In other news - 
 
We made more progress on the puzzle -


And I should have a "finished" photo to show you tomorrow - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 


2 comments:

Gene Black said...

Somehow yesterday's post never showed up in my reading list. So I had to go back and read it also.

I agree with you on the misnomer "Half Log Cabin." I saw some "famous" quilter call it that recently and said "No, it is a quarter log cabin." Ha ha....great minds.


The new project looks interesting. I am tempted, but I am going to try to use some restraint.

Barbara said...

I agree. It’s a quarter! But wow, who would have guessed it’s overall so simple a block?! Viewing an entire quilt of these is a mystery. Pretty amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...